Every child deserves the freedom to learn and thrive in Wisconsin’s public schools.
Wisconsin’s Public Education Defense Fund protects Wisconsin public school students against attacks on the freedom to teach and learn in safe, welcoming, joyful, inclusive environments that allow all students to thrive. Building a strong Public Education Defense Fund is key to fighting back against increasingly dangerous political agendas that threaten our students’ right to shine and succeed in excellent public schools.
When the state isn’t meeting its obligation to our kids, or our state Constitution, we have an obligation to hold it accountable – at the Capitol, in our classrooms, and beyond. When public dollars support private schools that can discriminate against students and put them at risk, it’s time to demand better. When politics and partisanship get in the way of doing right by local kids, it’s time to take action.
Your donation to Wisconsin’s Public Education Defense Fund supports nonpartisan, nonprofit work to
- Support all students and protect them from hateful attacks
- Stop harmful and divisive private voucher programs
- Fight back against unfair funding by holding the state accountable for meeting its constitutional obligation to our public schools
- Protect public educators’ freedom to teach the truth about our complicated history in a supportive environment, and support school boards and districts against attacks on equity and racial justice initiatives and policies that protect LGBTQ+ students
- Recruit, elect and support public education champions
- Educate voters on all ballot questions that impact our students and their public schools
- Organize communities to take action at the state and local levels and fund grassroots community engagement efforts
Make a secure contribution to Wisconsin’s Public Education Defense Fund today by clicking here.
Contributions can also be mailed to:
Wisconsin Public Education Action
1502 W. Broadway, Suite 102
Madison, WI 53713
BE THE PUBLIC EDUCATION VOTER WISCONSIN KIDS NEED NOW!
Visit MyVote.WI.gov to find your polling place, check your voter registration status, see what’s on your ballot, and more.
The League of Women Voters’ Vote411 is a great nonpartisan election resource.
Read about the education bills that passed through the Wisconsin legislature this year at Wisconsin Public Education Network’s Vote Tracker.
The Wisconsin Public Education Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) organization rooted in our shared commitment to every student in every public school in our state.